Google Script helps to transfer Gmail messages to another E-mail.
Suppose your Gmail account is old and you wish transferring all E-mail messages that exist, from that account which is old to your E-mail address which is new. This new E-mail address can be email@example.com, Google Apps (@thecompanyofyours.com), @gmail.com or it might be anywhere else.
Gmail includes useful Mail Fetcher for helping you transfer automatically mails between accounts of Gmail or between Outlook and Gmail accounts.
First we need to open your old gmail account.
- Log on to your Gmail account
2. click on the gear icon and select setting
3. In the setting go to the ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’ tab
4. Under ‘POP Download’, select ‘Enable POP for all mail’.
5. Go to the second part of the section where written “When messages are accessed with POP”. Here has a drop down box–> select what you want do with the old Gmail, once the new Gmail account fetches them.
6.Click on ‘Save changes’.
7. Sign out of the old Gmail account.
Transfer emails with the new Gmail account
- Now log into your new Gmail account.
- Select the gear icon as same as the previous procedure.
- Select ‘Settings’.
- Go to the ‘Accounts and import’ tab.
5. Here go to ‘Check mail from other accounts’ section and select
Add a mail account’.
6. Enter your old Gmail account and hit ‘Next’.
7. Select ‘Import emails from my other account (POP3)’ and hit ‘Next’
8. Give the correct username password of old Gmail account. Then go to POP server section select pop.gmail.com port: 995.
9. Uncheck ‘Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server’.
10. Check ‘Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail’.
11. And then add account.
12. Now it says ‘Would you also like to be able to send mail as firstname.lastname@example.org?’, here you have to choose what your preference is. We advice that you give yourself the option to do this, just in case you want to reply to older emails with the older Gmail account.
13. If you chose yes, follow instructions to set everything up. If not, you are done.
Now your new Gmail account is ready and time to time retrieve all emails from your old Gmail account. This may take some time, so be patient.